Roy Maas Youth Alternatives (RMYA) is now hiring Residential Specialists to work day time and night time shifts.
We offer the following benefits:
• Health Insurance (75% of premium paid by RMYA)
• Vacation/holiday/sick time
• Tuition reimbursement
• 403(b) Thrift Plan
As a Residential Specialist you will serve RMYA in its residential treatment center, general residential operation, and emergency shelter both in San Antonio and Boerne. The primary function of this position is to provide safety, security, and well-being to the children in our care in a way that supports their stability and growth as determined by their treatment plan. You will adhere to policies, procedures, protocols, and rules pertaining to the dynamic engagement of each child.
You'll also coordinate with the Team Leader, Program Manager, clinical, and support services staff, as well as educators and other interested parties, to provide the effective delivery of all necessary services and advise the same with timely information concerning behaviors, activities, and interactions that may affect a child in a given setting.
• High school diploma or equivalent, some college and/or degree preferred.
• Direct-care experience with emotionally or behaviorally challenged children and youth in a residential, shelter, or community-based setting is required.
• Successful clearance of a criminal background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing.
• Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
• Must have acceptable driving record.
• Must have a basic understanding of child behavior and development principles.
• Provide direct supervision of the children in care.
• Model the principles of trauma-informed care and restorative practices with the children in care.
• Model and teach constructive behavioral and social skills, realistic problem-solving and life skills, and positively reinforce progress toward goal behaviors in the child’s treatment plan.
• Adhere to RMYA’s daily schedule, special events schedule, and provide a structured therapeutic environment.
• Administer and document all over the counter medication according to RMYA medication administration procedures.
• Ensure RMYA’s strategic vision, mission, and core values are implemented and achieved through its programs and services.
• Ability to understand the Department of Family Services (DFPS) licensing and operating requirements.
• Ability to adhere to the best practices supported by RMYA in its care of children, youth, and families; and the willingness to learn, and implement the execution of these practices.
• Ability to communicate clearly and calmly with staff and children in care, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, service providers, and other professionals.
• Ability to work successfully with MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and client management databases.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of multiple teams.
• Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Time management and organizational skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.